The Unchained Engine is our core product and is written in Node.js ES6. It exposes all data exclusively through a GraphQL API (headless). The web application is served stateless and therefore container friendly.
Contact us now if you want to use the engine and our control panel before the open source release of unchained engine.
Usage of OSS prevents vendor lock-in. Using software that is open to the public leads to communities that help each other, the software is resilient to economic issues like bankruptcy of the software owner.
Headless & Hackable
Non-hackable software (like SaaS) use the technique of "customizing", meaning they provide a massive control panel where every aspect of the software can be configured, themed or disabled. Sadly there is always something that needs some extra development work and people need to hire somebody to create a plugin. In Unchained Engine, the software flow is changed through code and not through UI. This means a software developer is always required to configure the platform. It's called "hackable" software and allows to configure even parts of the software that were not intended to get configured by the core developers.
Stack in detail
We"ve chosen MongoDB because it is the most popular NoSQL DBMS out there. With a schema-less database, development of plugins and extensions that need to extend the existing data structure are much easier to develop.More infos about why Meteor.js or MongoDB you can find in our FAQ
Apollo GraphQL Server
GraphQL will be the new REST. Having a schema on the API helps with connecting systems in a micro-service architecture and makes it extremely easy to implement in client apps for all kind of operating systems and programming languages.
Features by module
- Downloadable Products
- E-Mail the order to a third-party logistics provider's central inbox
- Upload orders as CSV to a FTP host*
- Transfer orders electronically to any other system
- Post (Yellowcube), UPS, DHL Comissioning*
- Generate PDF's locally through a local bookkeeping system (SAP R/3, Abacus, ...)
- Generate PDF's through SaaS services (Smallinvoice)
- Generate a new XML file for external processing
- Send Order Confirmations and Invoices by E-Mail, SMS or Whatsapp
- Send User Registration Notifications via Slack
- Twitter new orders anonymized*
- Bitcoin, Ether & more cryptocurrencies
- Bonity-checked invoices (Deltavista)
- B2B Users special price
- Date range dependent special prices
- Dynamic tax rate retrieval
- Product, Payment, Order or Delivery prices confiurable
- Weather-dependent barbeque sausage price*
- Order total weight dependent charges, dynamically calculated by UPS*
- Prices that depend on Languages, countries, users, order quantities, ...*
- Christmas & Black Friday Discounts
- Percentage reducing discount codes
- Absolute amount reducing discount codes
- Swear word dependent daily discounts based on Donald Trump Twitter feed*
- Lottery or random prices: Every 1000th buyer gets the stuff free of charge*
- ERP as Inventory Management*
- Manage Inventory in Google Docs
- Fire Just-in-time Production of any goods*
- Real-time quantities (see an event get sold out live)*
And so much more
- One shop for one world (Multi-country support)
- Price your products in any currency or crypto-currency you like. $XLM maybe?
- Multi-language support
- Dynamic catalogs